Not only we are young and (allegedly) successful,
during the 2nd National Youth Entrepreneur Convention (NYEC) last Saturday,
we have also proven that,
being young, successful and famous do not guarantee THAT
1. you won't be nervous (knowing that the participants paid good money to hear you talk,
so my bad, YOUTH '09 the event was open to all, but the admission to NYEC was not)
2. you won't be cold (I swear our hall in PWTC was a freezinggggg box)
3. you won't f**king swear
while delivering your speech.
Most memorable quotes from the evening:
Joyce Wong, before her speech,
"Haiyaaa, our green VIP tag doesn't go with my outfit! Grrr..."
Aimann Faiz, during his speech,
"I love my job because I love women and I loveeeee drinking."
Kevin Zahri, when asked if the speakers can swear onstage,
"What the hell? HELL YEAH!"
Anna-Rina, who took Kevin's joke tad too seriously,
"I don't fucking know what else to say. Oh, fuck!"
And yes, with someone from the ministry in the audience,
and Joe Flizzow as the final speaker, in a paragraph of his speech,
"Like what Ninie said earlier, be nice to everyone.
You'll never know in which lifetime you'll need their favor
to save your life or to make you very rich!"
(of course I cannot NOT emphasize this, Joe Flizzow quoted me, yo y'all! YA A' AUWW!)
And since I don't know if anybody would remember anyyyything I said,
or if they even stayed awake for that matter,
I'll let my pictures (from my new digicam ;D) do the talking.

That was Kevin reminding the Media Entrepreneur speakers
not to use the F word so much.

The boldly bald Joyce, which you can only see her head.
During my turn, I think the audience can only see my hair.

Five of us as Lifestyle Entrepreneurs speakers;
Shan Lee, Joe Flizzow and The Yoga Instructor in their businessmen mode.
Although to go to work in real life, all of us dress least like this!

Lovely Fiona Jane Gomez and Anna-Rina who can't stop swearing
(I almost tak mengaku she's my housemate if not for the fact that she drove me there)

Our individual portrait
(oh, I love mine, thank you YOUTH '09) from HSBC
as their token of appreciation.
If I wasn't one of the speakers,
if you can believe me,
I'd still say, the 2nd NYEC is a huge success.
I felt so small, almost like a tiny little ant (only smaller) being there,
in between and side-by-side with the rest of under-30 Malaysians
- one, who has sold his company for RM20mil,
- another one, who's awarded Dato' at 27 years old
- the famous one, who has sold-out albums and smash hits collaborations with Warren G and Datuk Siti
and I can easily say,
I'd fork out my money to join next year's NYEC
just to learn from those who have made it, to feel like I take take over the world
and to be truly and highly-inspired.

I can't possibly finish without this.
Without this line that I can't remember who I heard / read it from
(either Noel Gallagher of Oasis or Boyzone's Stephen Gately, SERIOUSLY!)
without this line that concluded my interview in the 2nd NYEC magazine,
without this line I keep telling myself on and on over and over everyday,
"IF THE DREAM IS BIG ENOUGH, THE FACTS DON'T COUNT!"
Seriously guys,
EVERYONE has the same two hands, two legs and 24 hours.
If
YOU CAN!
10 comments:
Dear Ninie..
That's rather inspiring!! Congrats!! :)
"The Day Not Only We Are Young But..." successful... Alhamdulillah... Allah murahkan rezeki Ninie, kesihatan yang sempurna... jangan lupa bayar Zakat ya.. eheh... :D
so this is what i miss for not coming to the Youth09...
looking forward youth10...
and who knows, i might be one of the successful speakers too :p
K.Ninie, Dato' Nicol David was awarded Dato' at 25.I guess she's the youngest Dato' kan?
Seperti idola saya, Nicol David (Useless fact: pernah sama tuisyen dgn dia), kamu dan lain2 sgt inspiring!
Is there a website where i can go and check the NYEC out? Mainly to see what they are all about?
judging from the speeches @ Youth09, no wonder la youth nowadays are in shambles and an embarassment.
~anon11.55
i dont think swearing is a proper thing to do during a youth convention.
swearing does not make a person look cool.
hey ninie, been your silence reader since 04 or o5..but u still covered your face then, whenever u put the pics of yours. Anyway, congrats on jadi speaker~ and eventually inspire young souls out there! Love your yoga pose in Shape. All of them. Hehehe.
Ninie, just wanna know what dress you're wearing? U look gorgeous, babe! ~khai (just an avid reader of your blog)
Ninie,
You always have amazing makeup... nampak very sophisticated, modern and tak kampung. I like how 'polished' your makeup is, nampak flawless, mcm pro yg buat (as in actual makeup artist).
I would like to make a suggestion - how about if you show us mere mortals how you do your makeup, and show us how you achieve that polished, put together face.
Post a Comment