Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Day I...... Lost My Wallet, AGAIN!

Thursday, if not Friday mornings are days I do my weekly pharmacy shopping (*When you know mall's parkings are empty at 11 in the morning*). So, Guardian BSC I was at this morning after having my breakfast at Coffee Bean downstairs with one of my all-time favourite students (R, you might find me here sooner or later anyways) and having booked my haircut appointment at some a-cut -above-throat place upstairs .

I was ready to pay for this bill when..


I realized I didn't f%$king have my wallet with me.



Babi.

And I had plenty of cash with me for my weekly must-buys and curls must-cut. Seriously, PLENTY.

Dengan muka setebal dictionary, I had (no choice but) to politely tell the lady behind the cashier to hold my (well, soon to be MY) stuff for me as I made a quick rundown to check if I had accidentally dropped it in my car.

T-A-K-D-E.

Babi babi babi.

I accelarated off and back to my yoga place to check if, if, if I had carelessly / miracalously left it there. Or under the table, on the RO water machine, in the toilet, under the staircase.

T-A-K-D-E jugak.

Felt like crying.

My tens of hours of talking non-stop, twisting my bones and trying to catch my breath in the same time, Gone In 60 Seconds (sempat buat lawak sekejap).

Images of the honey scented hair mask jar, aromatheraphy refill, bottle tall of Famous Amos cookies smelling cocoa butter, leave-in hair conditioner / treatment, Harper's Bazaar, make-up remover, Hersheys, some heat-activated hair straightening cream, latest toothpaste flavour from Colgate, rose petals + bamboo + honey smelling shampoo that comes with free conditioner (so that my 4-year-old sister doesn't use my special shampoo for badly damaged color treated hair), dgthsksgy, Hthsbhjjsgjewgjk, jdhygjwjjytyhk, hgbaj, ajhuhgkj, thsfusufghybatjh, ikw2nmjf and bhguhjaktgehd that I bought.. well, that I carefully picked, excitedly chose and calculated its discounts over, plus my planned haircut and new color do, slowly vanished into thin air...

(Kindly waste your time and count how many times did I mention the word 'hair' in this post and in earlier paragraph to brace yourself for my next post. )


I think I was doing the slowest drive in my life, merely 15 km/h on my way back to BSC to thicken my face and embrace myself to tell the lady behind the counter what, I didn't have enough money? Like she was gonna believe me if I tell her I had just lost my wallet and I've had bad luck in weeks, that I lost my wallet first week of the month, my handphone the next week, lost my phone again the following week, she'll think I'm the biggest drama queen in Bangsar that I had no choice but to cancel my purchase,

WHEN..

I heard someone screamed, "Akakkkk, tungguuu!!!" ON MY WAY UP on the escalator.

I've lost my spirit to continue living let alone to turn and look at siapa yang cilaka panggil aku Kak pagi-pagi buta yang malang lagi memilukan ini but hesitantly turned after the scream repeated. I saw this one guy (I thought he was an angel with a floating hollow for a split second) in this distinctive mocha brown t-shirt and coffee black cap waving frantically at me as he shoved my blue furry wallet on his other hand.

My wallet! MY BLUE FURRY WALLET!!!

(It's not really furry as in, furry lah kan. But berbulu jenis wool bercampur baldu dalam erti kata Melayu. And it's not really a wallet too. It's more of a coin purse really because my other wallet can't fit into the small bag that I brought to yoga this morning. Why can't I use a bigger bag? Because some bags just don't go with certain outfits like.. hooded terry cloth jacket with matching sweatpants to be exact, ok?)

I did tell you my escalator was going up right? Like it couldn't wait another second, I ran down berlawanan arus dengan escalator yang menghala ke atas, man! Fuck all of you who were laughing staring at me from inside of Dome. I wish you couldn't find your wallet when you were about to pay too.

I haven't really thanked God for a while now and I immediately sighed my utmost 'Alhamdulillah' for my money was allllllll still inside there (it's fucking payday, man) along with my ID (that got displayed on national TV last Sunday) and license (that I suddenly realized, expired three days ago).

"Lain kali, simpan baik-baik ye Kak! Nasib baik akak pagi-pagi selalu breakfast sini, kitorang boleh kenal muka. Tahun lepas pernah tertinggal kunci kereta dekat sini jugak, kan?"

:P

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Lain kali, simpan baik-baik ye Kak! Nasib baik akak pagi-pagi selalu datang sini, kitorang boleh kenal muka. Tahun lepas pernah tertinggal kunci kereta dekat sini jugak, kan?"

cian ninie.. I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry.. Hmm dunno what to say.. kang if the things happens to me pun (hilang dompet).. mau meraung/ pucat muka.. But anyway pernah jugak hilang dompet kat midvalley masa dgn A*Y dulu.. Bila dah panik rasa nak marah jer/ blame someone else. Nasib baik ada this couple was kind enough to give to the security.. Bila security tu tanya ada berapa dalam dompet.. nak tergelak pun ada.. ada duit 5 ringgit dan 1 ringgit (dalam bentuk love.. huhuhu haru....

Anonymous said...

Missy Yoga dear, thanks for the laugh on this bleak friday morning. Memangle kesian pon ade but this line really cracks me up:

siapa yang cilaka panggil aku Kak pagi-pagi buta yang malang lagi memilukan ini

and also being recognised as a scatter-brain by a stranger. Priceless my dear, priceless! hahahaha

MK said...

hahahaha u and my mom boleh gang. Yesterday after work I met up with my mama at coffee bean for her daily dosage of ice blended mocha, when its time to leave, she just stood up, walked away from the table, I on the other hand was trying hard to carry plastic bags of magazine, cempedak goreng and my handbag and a payung.

I called up to her and asked if she left anything behind, she said no, dengan muka confident yang amat sangat. I asked again whether she's sure .. she said yes, she turned her back at me and walked away.

I called her again, she jeling ok. I told her the chair here has nice handbag for decoration ... dengan muka yang amat straight, siap jeling kat i .. she said .."eh lupa plak" ...

Anonymous said...

you got to eat lots of raisins woman! :)

Anonymous said...

nins!!! i'm sorry la but i just had to laugh at the last line!!! that dude actually remembers u from last yr?!! *gasp* but takpe, glamor la kan. heh. but now u dun hafta worry if u lose ur things kat BSC kan. the ppl know u dah :)

anis daud said...

hillariously ridiculously funny.

there. my comment.

klaka la mini pretzels ni dowh....

Anonymous said...

nk pinjam/beli buku tu bley?

.ermie.

Whatever said...

Ninie, I've been selected for Fear Factor Malaysia! Shooting will commence on 22nd September. I suppose you don't need to know how to swim to be on the show. Here's hoping you'll get that phone call too. Ta!

Zetty said...

woman, next time semua gantung kat leher laa supaya tak tercicir lagik hehehe..

MDR said...

aduhai kelakarnye! sorry gurl..that post's got me laffing so hard, my insides hurt! i have a similar habit of 'losing' things; i always walk away from the cashier forgetting to get the plastic bag of goodies that i'd ALREADY paid for, and they have to chase after me... lagi teruk kan?

WNRD said...

holly molly i love your story! ;P i'm a careless freak too so i know how the situation sucks. haha.